E-Commerce - Legal Aspects
Legal Information about E-Commerce
E-Commerce - Legal Aspects
- ABA - Electronic Commerce Law Subcommittee
The American Bar Association Electronic Commerce Subcommittee develops and recommends efficient, flexible and equitable policies, principles, and practices for business-to-business and business-to-consumer electronic commerce. It's actively engaged in projects directly aqnd through three working groups: the Consumer Protection Working Group; the Working Group on Transferability of Electronic Assets, and the Electronic Contracting Practices Working Group.
- Basic Guide to E-Commerce
Guide to doing business over the internet/web. Includes: Basics; Getting a Computer, Connecting to the Internet, and Developing a Web Page; Understanding Electronic Data Interchange (EDI); Building and Managing a Virtual Team; Product Development; Developing Your Online Store, Online Transactions, etc.; Online Marketing and Monetizing Your Website; and Other General Resources.
- E-Commerce and Tax Law Journal
A legal publication created and published by the Internet Business Law Services (IBLS), the world's largest Internet law publisher and Thomas Jefferson School of Law Masters in Law Program. The Law Journal publishes writings by academics, practitioners and policy makers on a variety of topics, including e-commerce, electronic contracting, techno torts, cyber crime, privacy, Internet taxation, international taxation, etc
- E-Commerce and the Law
An e-commerce guide that covers: E-commerce Regulations; Tips for complying with the E-commerce Regulations; Regulations applying to telephone and fax marketing; Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations; Tips for complying with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations; E-commerce and the Data Protection Act 1998; Distance Selling Regulations; and Provision of Services Regulations.
- FTC - Online Advertising and Marketing
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the primary federal agency regulating e-commerce activities, including use of commercial e-mails, online advertising and consumer privacy. This page provides information and links to legal resources, which include: Case Highlights; Reports and Workshops; Laws, Rules, and Guides; and Compliance Documents.
- SSL Privacy Seal Program - Guardian eCommerce
SSL Privacy Seal Program is a third party site verification provided by Guardian eCommerce. Its primary objective is to help protect online consumers worldwide by identifying safe and trustworthy web sites.
- UNCITRAL - Electronic Commerce
The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) was established by the General Assembly in 1966 to further the progressive harmonization and unification of the law of international trade. The Commission has since come to be the core legal body of the United Nations system in the field of international trade law.
Starting an E-Business
- Overcoming the Obstacles
Entrepreneur article about how to clear 9 common hurdles to ebay business success.
- Start on Online Business
Regardless of where you choose to operate your business, certain general requirements always apply. Before you can begin completing specific online business steps you must follow the basic rules for starting a business. Use these tools and resources to help take you from preparing your business plan and to becoming a successful business owner.
- Starting an eBay Business
Article about how to start a business on ebay.
- Starting an Ebusiness on $1000
This article provides information about starting an Ebusiness with very little capital.
- Starting an EBusiness: What's Involved?
Basic components of an eBusiness
- Starting Your Own E-Business: The Plan
A Plan for starting your own online business.
- Domain Name Disputes
This page discusses domain names and the resolution of domain name disputes by the Internet community.
- Domain Name Legal Issues
The Legalities of Buying and Selling Domain Names
- Domain Name News
DomainNameNews.com provides daily information about domain sales, domain company news, and other domain industry news and views.
- The Domain Industry News Magazine
Practical Tips For Protecting Your Domain Names.
Articles on AdvocatesOffice.com Related to E-Commerce
- Facebook Pictures and Privacy Concerns with Facial Recognition Technology
- Did Lawsuit Get Filed in The Right Place?
- Law No. 148/2012 on the Legal Framework of Electronic Documents - Romania
- Standard Terms and Conditions of Business in Cyprus
- $1.5 Million For Texting? That is Awesome, Dude
- E-Business and E-Commerce in the Bahamas
- European Parliament Calls for Gaming and Betting Law at EU Level
- User Agreements for your website
- ?I Never Signed Nuthin!? Five Tips For Small Biz Internet Contracts
- Internet Marketing Law - FTC and Advertising Rules
- Recent Developments in Turkish E-Commerce Legislation
- How to Transfer Website According to Belarusian Legislation?
- Brands as Google Advertising Keywords
- If My Only Contact with a State Is My website, Can I Be Sued There?
- An Introduction to Turkish Electronic Evidence in Civil Proceedings